Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Never Stray (My Version of Break Away)

Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
We’d just go make our own fun
Running through the rainstorm
Or pillow forts to keep warm
Play all day

If I ever freaked out
I knew I could reach out
Knew my friends would all hear me
In your arms I’m strong here
I know I belong here
Every day
So I’ll never stray

[Chorus:]
I'll spread my wings and continue to fly
Safe on your shoulders I just reach the sky
And I'll grab your hand
Hold you close
Hold on tight
And always stay
May travel away for a day just for fun
But always come home to the ones that I love
And I'll grab your hand
Hold you close
Hold on tight
And never stray

Running through the warm breeze
Climbing up a tall tree
Water fights in the ocean
Sledding down a fast hill
Praying this will last till
All our days.
I’ll always stay

[Chorus]
I'll spread my wings and continue to fly
Safe on your shoulders I just reach the sky
And I'll grab your hand
Hold you close
Hold on tight
And always stay
May travel away for a day just for fun
But always come home to the ones that I love
And I'll grab your hand
Hold you close
Hold on tight
And never stray

This is where I belong
Don’t you try to say I’m wrong
I know I never wanna leave here
You can keep moving on, moving on
But I’ll stay, never stray

I'll spread my wings and continue to fly
Don’t think for a second I’d tell you goodbye
And I'll grab your hand
Hold you close
Hold on tight
And always stay
No matter how far for a day I may run
I’ll always be home in the place I come from
And I'll grab your hand
Hold you close
Hold on tight

And always stay
Never stray
Never stray

No comments:

Post a Comment