Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Life Updates

I have not been able to start working on my special surprises for my friends yet, so they will probably be special January surprises rather than Christmas surprises. I still have Christmas gifts for people, but the surprise thing that I mentioned earlier will probably be done sometime in January. Nothing is wrong - I've just had a lot of activity and stimulation lately and not enough down time, and I didn't really stop and think about how much time I had before Christmas when I announced that I was making surprises. So you will get your surprises definitely, it will just be a few extra weeks.

Things have been going much better at work lately. I feel like I'm really starting to bond with everyone and feel like my coworkers are my friends. Not super close friends yet, but friends. We're getting there. It's going to take a little while for me to open up more to them, but that's the direction I'm heading in, and it feels wonderful. I actually look forward to seeing everyone each day.

I'm beginning the process of editing my book very thoroughly. I've been itching to get started but didn't know what to do, then it hit me today what I needed to do. This will mean fewer blog post in the near future. I only have so much energy for writing, and the book is taking up a lot of that energy. I do have a couple of long posts in process, and I'll need to write at least one more blog post before the end of 2015 so that I can break 200 posts.

Finally, I want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has supported me on my blog and with my validation book. You are the reason that I've kept going. The support I've gotten on my blog is what made me want to write the validation book in the first place. I remember when I started this blog and I was suppressing myself so much. I was holding back everything. But what I wanted more than anything was to save other people from going through what I went through. I wanted to help people feel like their own feelings are valid and that it's okay to be who they are and express themselves however they want to. And now, this year, I've done that. Friends have told me that my writing has helped them to express themselves and make the decisions that are right for them, and that to me is what it means to be successful. That's what I've been wanting to do for years. Support takes all different forms, and one form of support is listening and learning from another person's experience. And I've seen that happen. I've seen people do and understand things because of what I've written, and that's what inspires me to keep on going.

I will be focusing on my book a lot, and I may not have as many good-quality blog posts in the near future as I've had in the past. But I just want you to remember that you got me here. Your support and warm fuzzy cuddles got me to where I am. You're the reason that I may be getting published in this upcoming year. Never, ever forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment