Sunday, October 11, 2015

No Rush

I'm in the home stretch of writing my book, but I've made a decision that I'm not going to try to rush it. I've already had so many years of missing out on fun things I wanted to do because I had to put schoolwork first when I didn't want to. I love my book and it is a top priority for me, but I am never planning to miss out on any other fun things because of it. I can write my book anytime, but Halloween season only comes once a year, and perfect weather days don't come all the time. I remember being in grad school and being so upset that I couldn't enjoy Halloween and take as much time as I wanted to work on my costume, and I'm not going to miss out on those things now. My book is a priority, but I'm not going to rush it. I got through the bulk of it at the end of September while I didn't have any other fun plans, and I'm going to edit at my own pace and enjoy not having a deadline. I've always wanted to not have deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment