Friday, October 23, 2015

I Finished!!!!!!!

I finished my validation book tonight, 10/22/15, 11:50 PM.

I don't really know what to say right now. I'm pretty out of it. I can't tell if I'm hungry or full or tired or awake or what.

I sent my first draft to my friend who is helping me edit. Once I've gotten their feedback and made some changes, I'm sending it out to more of my friends for feedback. This will probably happen in the next week or so, depending how long it takes to discuss the edits with my friend. There will be a few rounds of getting feedback and making changes before I start looking for a publisher.

I will start blogging again at some point, but I might need a little rest since I've been writing and editing almost nonstop for last few months.

I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends this weekend and celebrating.

I'll write more about this in the next few days because I'm too exhausted right now, but for everyone who has been supporting my project this whole time - Thank you. Thank you for being the awesomest friends in the whole entire universe (planet Bubble Gum included)!!!! I would still be sitting here staring at the wall and being sad if it weren't for everyone's support. Knowing that my friends support this project and are psyched to read the book is what has kept me going and maintained my interest in writing it. It's been 14 months since I first got the idea for this book, and now I'm here. It feels surreal right now. It doesn't even feel like real life. It feels like...I was just here in this apartment a year ago when the idea hit me, and now I have a whole book written. 281 pages.

Anyway, thank you for being awesome friends and being there for me in all the darkest times and letting me feel how I felt and being validating and not pushing me to change and encouraging me to get the validation message out to the world. Thank you for being friends like Sadness. And thank you for being so interested in my book and wanting to be my early readers. You will all get special acknowledgements when it comes time to publish.

Even though I did the writing part by myself, I feel like we've all been in this together the whole time, like you were all there with me the whole entire time, and feels like a victory for all of us now that it's done. I love you all so much. Team Validation.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I'm looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sam! I'll be sending it to you in the next week or so!

    ReplyDelete