Monday, September 21, 2015

I'm Not Drawing a Blank

I don't draw blanks at job interviews. I just don't. I know myself very well, and if you ask me a question about myself and give me enough time to think, I will have an answer. I just don't draw blanks.

When I appear to have drawn a blank at a job interview, it's because every time you ask me a question, my real answer comes flooding into my mind at the forefront, and I have to brush that aside and try to figure out what answer I should give, or how to alter my real answer to make it okay to say at a job interview. When I freeze up and don't say anything, it's because you won't like my real answer, and I can't come up with an answer that you will like. It by no means implies that I actually don't have an answer.

If I appear blank, it's because I'm trying to figure out how to please you. I don't draw blanks. I always have an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment