Monday, August 31, 2015

Secret

Psssst. You wanna hear a little secret? I went on a really cool trip to China in June 2010, and when I look back on it now, 5 years later, I really, really wish I had waited till 2013 to go. It was a really bad idea to go on a big, out-of-comfort-zone trip right after college, while I was still having severe flashbacks of college several times a day. Being out of my comfort zone made me feel worse, not better. Don't get me wrong - I still loved the trip, I feel really lucky to have gone, and if for some reason I didn't have the option of going any other time - if it was either June 2010 or never - I would definitely still go in 2010. But since I have a choice, I definitely wish that I had waited until years later, when I felt better, so that I could have really enjoyed the trip a lot more. Please stop erasing my experiences by telling everyone that they should go out and do stuff like that when they are feeling bad. If that's what works for *you,* that's fine, but it's not for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment