Thursday, July 30, 2015

Using Dragon

I recently downloaded Dragon Naturally Speaking voice control software. This allows me to write by speaking the words instead of typing them. I have been having a lot of problems with my hands lately because of the amount of typing that I do. My hands can manage for now, but since I'm only 27 and I have a gazillion more words to write in my lifetime, I figured I should deal with this problem now by using Dragon instead of typing.

I never realized how good I had gotten at typing, until I started using Dragon. I don't have a lot of patience for Dragon when I'm writing something important. It feels like I'm going back to my high school or even middle school level of typing, in terms of both speed and accuracy. But I need to practice using Dragon if I want to get better at it and eventually use it for my important writing. For now, I'm going to use Dragon for select blog posts that are shorter and less important to me. When I use Dragon, the post will start out with "Using Dragon." Or sometimes, "Partially using Dragon." This is just for my personal notes, so that I can keep track of how well I am learning to use Dragon. I'm hoping that over time I can learn to use Dragon as easily as I can type, and I will use it for almost all of my blog posts. Once this happens, I will no longer say "Using Dragon" at the beginning of each post.

No comments:

Post a Comment