Friday, June 19, 2015

Inside Out

It's not often that a movie affects me this deeply. It's been a while anyway. I think the last movie that touched me this much was Mary and Max, and it was a few years ago when I first saw it. I just saw Inside Out tonight, and it was absolutely brilliant. I spent a lot of the movie crying and I was crying for a while afterwards too. But it really, really touched me. I was expecting this to be a fun movie that I'd enjoy, something fun to do by myself on a Friday night, but I was not expecting it to impact me so much. I'm definitely going to write up a movie review, but I want to wait a couple weeks before posting that. It will obviously have spoilers, and I want to give other people a chance to see the movie before I write a review since it just came out today. I'm being a bit vague right now because I don't want to spoil the movie, but when I do the review, I'll go into more detail about why it touched me so much.

5 comments:

  1. I'm guessing it's because it's another example of movie writers (ESPECIALLY for kids movies) understanding psychology trillions of times more than all professional psychologists combined. To those psychologists, I say fuck 'em. But I'm just guessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! I think you're right. Have you seen the movie? If not, I would highly recommend it, I think you'd like it a lot. I cried so much during the movie but I felt incredibly good afterwards. Not like "Yay puppies and rainbows" good, but a deeper kind of good, like I felt more okay about the person I am after seeing the movie.

      Delete
    2. I haven't seen the movie yet, just a lot of trailors, but I could instantly tell what ground it was covering. It definitely looks like something I would like without question, especially if it can have a profound effect on people.

      Delete
    3. You know what just occurred to me? I'm really, really glad that the kids of today will get to grow up with Inside Out.

      Delete
    4. Absolutely. Chances are the adults that many of these kids deal with on a daily basis don't understand what goes through their minds like this movie can. Whether the writers are young or not, I suspect they at least know how to connect with a millennial audience.

      Delete