Saturday, April 4, 2015

"But This Will Prepare You for Life!"

Would you buy a bathing suit if you never wanted to go swimming?

Would you buy a skateboard if you never planned to ride it?

Would you learn how to knit if you never wanted to make anything?

Would you apply for a fishing license if you never planned to fish?

Would you search for the best game console around if you weren't interested in gaming?

Would get the best-quality sneakers you could find if you would rarely go out and use them?

Apparently I would. Because I've spent most of my life being forced to do things I hated that would prepare me for other things that I also did not want to do.

So I ask all of the adult authorities from my life: Would YOU invest YOUR resources in preparing yourself for something that does not even remotely appeal to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment