Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Out of It

I am ridiculously out of it right now, still sort of high from all the awesome trip stuff. I still feel like everything's moving. Sometimes I have a slight headache but it doesn't even bother me. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends this weekend! I've got two friend-dates scheduled.

Random thought: I think I was talking like an outside investigator before, like I was studying tree frogs in their natural habitat or something, taking notes and observing the behavior of another species. Except I was talking that way about people, about situations I was directly involved in, but talking like some outside researcher. Part of this probably came from being a psych major and all the psych papers I wrote, which doesn't bother me at all. I became fluent in that language, so it makes sense that it would leak into my other writing. I'm a non-code-switcher after all. But I know that wasn't all that was going on, I know that I was purposely using psych-writing to sound like a neutral outside observer, like, "You humans are so fascinating." Not anymore. Now I talk like I'm part of what I'm part of and include real emotions in everything and I don't have any goal of sounding different unless I'm actually writing a psych paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment