Tuesday, December 10, 2013

New Job

I want lots of attention. I want to feel special. I'm not getting that at my new job. At all. I got that at my old job but I'm not getting it here. No one knows I exist here. My boss wouldn't notice if I just stopping showing up to work. I don't feel like they need me. I don't know why I'm doing anything I'm doing because no one notices.

Oh, and my 40-minute commute turned out to be an hour and ten minute commute. Google maps is bullshit. And I need to talk to my boss about if I can skip my two 15-minute breaks and go home at 5:00 instead of 5:30. If I ever get to talk to him. I'm not sure he knows I work there. I miss my old boss and my old coworkers. I miss feeling special.

Oh, and I'm done being all goody-goody about this job. No one notices me anyway so I'm not doing anything I don't want to do for this job. I'm not going to censor myself on Facebook or here or avoid saying bad things about my job in order to keep it. The only thing I'm willing to do is not say names. Not say the name of the company I work for when I write about it. That's generally my policy anyway because I don't know if other people want me talking about them by name even if I'm saying nice things.

Honestly, if I can move closer very soon and talk to my boss about that extra half hour, that would really fix my problem. The main issue I have is the commute and the longer hours, which I'm absolutely not okay with. It's not worth driving all that way for what I'm doing. I don't even feel special there.

No comments:

Post a Comment