Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Age Difference

I loved playgrounds till I was about 12-13.
I watched pre-school age TV shows until I was about 14.
I played with my toys till about 16.
I liked to wear matching outfits with my mom in middle school and didn't think that was dorky till high school.
I had no interest in dating till I was 17.
I preferred to hang out with my parents instead of my friends on the weekends until I was 17.
I didn't think it was fun to just hang out and talk with friends (not playing a game or doing an activity) until I was 18.
I got my driver's license when I was 19 because I wasn't interested in getting it earlier.
I experienced teen angst in college.
I was 23 when I first did sexual stuff with someone else.
I still mostly watch TV shows that are meant for middle/high school age.
I dress younger than my age and buy clothes that still fit me from tween stores.
I was 24 by the time I sincerely wanted to move out of my parent's house and live on my own.

I don't lose interest in things or change interests as often as my peers do. If I like something, I'm going to like it for a long time. I don't have a lot of temporary phases of liking something and then losing interest in it a few years later. Most of my all-time favorite things when I was younger are things I held an interest in for at least 15 years, and some of those things I'm still interested in now.

But also, I will NEVER stop doing something because society tells me I'm too old to do it. I will only stop doing an activity when I honestly don't feel pleasure from it anymore, and I will not "let go" of anything unless I honestly don't want it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment