Sunday, February 24, 2013

When I'm Not the One Screaming

My mom always tells the story of when I was baby and didn't cry or react at all after getting a shot. For some reason, shots don't hurt me as much as they seem to hurt other people.  I was always told that this made me a tough cookie and I should be proud. But I'm not proud, and I'm not interested in being tough. If I'm in enough pain that I feel like screaming and crying, I will scream and cry. The reason why I never cried when I got a shot was because I just wasn't experiencing a lot of pain. Different people feel different things. My earlobes really hurt when I got them pierced even though my friends said it didn't hurt them at all. It's the way my body is, and that doesn't make me better or worse than anybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment