Tuesday, February 5, 2013

If I Wanted to, I Would

If I wanted to change my eating habits, I would.
If I wanted to get more exercise, I would.
If I wanted to be more social, I would.
If I wanted to wake up earlier, I would.
If I wanted to spend more time outdoors, I would.
If I wanted to watch less TV, I would.
If I wanted to get a haircut, I would.
If I wanted to join a website, I would.
If I wanted to try to lose weight, I would.
If I wanted to try to stop biting my nails, I would.
If I wanted to get drunk, I would.
If I wanted to hook up with someone I don't have a relationship with, I would.
If I wanted to participate in class, I would.
If I wanted to spend time learning about something I'm not interested in, I would.
If I wanted to join a club or activity, I would.
If I wanted to attend a school event, I would.
If I wanted to get away from my hometown, I would.
If I wanted to pay more attention in school, I would.
If I wanted to spend less time in my own world, I would.
If I wanted to try to live a more balanced life, I would.
If I wanted to share less information about myself, I would.
If I wanted to stop talking about something that matters to me, I would.
If I wanted to present myself in a way that does not reflect how I feel at a given moment, I would.
If I wanted to try to learn to like something that I don’t, I would.
If I wanted to work on something that I don't care about being good at, I would.
If I wanted to endure a miserable experience for an end result, I would.
If I wanted to do something that I don’t like because it might be good for me, I would.
If I wanted to put my priorities in a different order, I would.

And unless someone tells me, "I want to do x, but I haven't because of y," I assume the same is true for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment