Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Care about Now

If studies showed that people who wear a lot of green do better in school, get better jobs, and are more well-adjusted, I would not wear more green because green is not one of my favorite colors. If studies showed that people who wear a lot of pink are more likely to have health problems, drop out of school, or be unemployed, I would wear just as much pink as I always have because it is my favorite color.

I always find it strange when people talk about the long-term benefits of things like joining a sports team or playing an instrument. It's nice information, but these are things that I would do because I want to do them now, not because of a long-term benefit. I don't care about long-term statistics; I care about what I like to do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment