Monday, January 3, 2011

A Note to Market Researchers

When you are trying to sell me a product that will make me feel better physically or emotionally, I would like to see someone using the product to feel good, and only to feel good.  I would like to see that feeling good is the end in itself, not the means to an end.  I understand that we all would like to be better able to do the things that make us happy, and that resolving physical or emotional distress will help us.  But with the vast range of things that people enjoy doing, only a select few are portrayed as the end result of fixing a physical or emotional problem.  When you tell me that using a product will make me better able to cook, do housework, host cocktail parties, or just live a busy, extroverted lifestyle, you've lost my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment